Clear Customs

Accompanying Document Types (EMCS / SAAD)

When any commercial shipments of alcohol travel around the EU, they must travel with an 'Accompanying Document'.

The 2 most common types of Accompanying Documents are: an e-AD or an SAAD.

If you need assistance with importing alcohol, then please contact our Imports Team for further information and our charges.

The e-AD is an electronic document, generated by the EMCS computer system, whereas the SAAD is a paper form.

Further information can be found on the following Government sites:

  • HMRC Notice on: Receiving, Storing and Moving Excise Goods
  • EMCS (e-AD)
  • SAAD (HM4)

  • Related Pages

    Back to top